Other Professional Experience
Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Immigrant and Refugee Studies (Taylor & Francis) (as of January 2013).
National Correspondent for Greece at the OECD Network of International Migration Experts (formerly SOPEMI) since 2010.
Member of the Reference Panel of The Conversation Global, since its foundation in 2016.
Member of the International Reference Panel, Australian Government Programme on Migration Research, since 2014.
Membership of Editorial Boards
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Nations and Nationalism (1999-to date)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Language & Politics (2008-to date)
- Member of the Editorial Team of Ethnicities (2007-to date)
Member of the International Reference Group of the Centre for Citizenship and Globalisation of the Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia, http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/ccg/ and http://www.deakin.edu.au/adi/our-governance .
Acting regularly as referee of articles and reviewer of books for the American Sociological Review, British Journal of Sociology, British Journal of Political Science, Citizenship Studies, Critical Discourse Studies, Education Inquiry, Ethnic and Racial Studies, Ethnicities, International Migration, International Migration Review, Identities, Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, Journal of Economic and Social Geography, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, Journal of Immigrant and Refugee Studies, Journal of International Migration and Integration, Journal of Intercultural Studies, Journal of Southeast Europe and Black Sea Studies, Language & Politics, Millennium, Nations and Nationalism, National Identities, Nordic Journal for Migration Research, International Perspectives in Psychology, Research and Practice, International Political Science Review, International Review of Administrative Sciences, International Spectator, Social Forces, Sociological Research Online, Southeast Europe and the Black Sea Studies Journal, South European Society and Politics.
Reviewer of book proposals for
- Routledge, London, since 2002;
- Palgrave-Macmillan since 2003;
- Amsterdam University Press, since 2005,
- Blackwell, London since 2006.
- Ashgate, Aldershot since 2008
- Springer Verlag, Frankfurt, since 2009.
- Oxford University Press, since 2015.
- Bloomsberry, since 2016
- Oxford Bergahn, since 2016.
- for the European Commission, Research DG, since 1999, Framework Programmes FP5, FP6 and FP7 (COOPERATION and PEOPLE) and FP8 HORIZON (2014 onwards)
- for the European Research Council(IDEAS) all levels (Advanced, Consolidator and Starting Career Grants and Synergy Grants), since 2011, as Panel Member.
- For the European Commission, DG Education and Culture, Spinelli Prize (2017).
- for the European Science Foundation,Strasbourg, France, since 2008.
- For the Economic and Social Research Council, United Kingdom, since 2015
- For the Cofund Marie Curie Programme of Denmark, since 2016
- For the Cofund Marie Curie Programme of Croatia, since 2015
- for the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office, in the AGORA programme providing scientific support to public policy programmes, since 2007.
- For the Italian Ministry of Research and Developmentin relation to the Research Assessment Exercise of all Italian Universities (2012-2013 and 2015-2016).
- For the Research Agency of Latvia, since 2018.
- for the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)since 2006.
- for the Norface Networksince 2006.
- for the University of Milan, since 2010.
- for the Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF), Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) Programme, since 2011.
- For the Portuguese National Research Foundation(since 2015).
- For the Polish National Science Centre(NCN), since 2016
- For the Leventis Foundation, Nicosia, Cyprus, since 2013.
- For the Slovenian Research Agency, since 2018.
- For the American Council of Learned Societies, USA, since 2011.
- For the University of Tampere, Finland(since 2017).
Member of the Academic Committee organizing the 3rd Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD), held in Athens, Greece, on 2-3 November 2009.